In the same way as seat selection and APIS, Web-Check-in can be enabled by route. After the customer has made the preceding steps of Seat Selection and Advanced Passenger Information, they may the check-in all or some of the passengers in the booking.
The follwing features are included:
- When someone checks in online the system automatically lifts the electronic tickets of those passengers.
- Passengers checked-in online will automatically show in the Airport Departure Control System.
- Online Boarding Pass
- After checking-in online the passenger may display the boarding pass image
- The image can then be printed out on a standard printer
- The Boarding pass includes a 1D or 2D bar code image for scanning.
- The image contains the passenger name, flight number, route, check-in time and departure time.
- The image can also contain information regarding security such as luggage restrictions and articles not permitted for flights.
An Improved Check-in Service for your Passengers
Real Time Check-in. Real Easy.
Now your passengers can relax, check-in at home and know they will have the seat they want with the added comfort of a boarding pass in their hand before they even leave for the airport.
The internet booking engine can be configured by the airline to allow online check-in at any pre-defined time prior to the flight. The configuration is set up by departing city so you may want to allow online check-in up to 24 hours in advance of the flight for those airports where you send Passenger Name Lists at 24 hours prior to the flight, while allowing online check-in to continue up to the time of the flight where you are using the Videcom DCS which is fully integrated.
Because both the online check-in and Videcom DCS are fully integrated and working from the same Eticket database any changes made in either system are immediately visible in both systems. So when a passenger checks-in online at home the check-in staff can see straight away they are marked as check-in online.
The online boarding pass is configurable so you can fine tune the information displayed to your passengers.
Reduced Check-in Queues at the Airport
By providing an online check-in service to your passengers you can reduce the processing time at the airport as well as reducing the staff required at check-in desks. Improving the service to your customers as well as reducing overheads.